TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk

Thursday 15 March 2012

Saving for a rainy day.....

Just thought I'd share a great idea for saving without pain - not a huge amount, maybe, but enough for a special treat at the end of the year - possibly even enough for a family weekend away!
This is something my neighbours told me about - they've been doing it for years, so I though we'd have a go too. It's really straightforward - just save all the £2 coins you get throughout the year in a jar, then take them to the bank and exchange them for notes!
Every time a £2 coin appears in your change, don't spend it - save it! Easy and relatively painless. £2 coins aren't that common, so you don't have to sift through your change every day, and even a relatively small number of them can soon add up to a nice little nest egg. As loose change goes, they're nice to get, and even nicer to save....

3 comments:

  1. I've got a £2 in my purse right now and am going to make sure to put it in my wish pot. Nice little idea. Thanks to you (and your neighbours). Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The £2 coins really add up - I love them. Good tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband does that - I have definitely learned almost everything I know about saving from him!

    ReplyDelete